Symbiosis Personal care assistants, also known as caregivers, home health or personal care aides, give assistance to people who are sick, injured, mentally or physically disabled, or the elderly and fragile. We work in the home and help our clients with daily activities, such as bathing and bathroom functions, feeding, grooming, taking medication, and some housework. Personal care and assistance help clients make and keep appointments with doctors, provide or arrange transportation, make and serve meals, make sure they take their medicine and serve as a companion for our clients.
What types of services are available?
Our Qualified Caregivers have the experience and compassion to provide assistance with everyday personal care tasks, such as:
- Assisting with morning and evening routines
- Bathing (showers, baths, sponge baths, bed baths)
- Restroom activities (toilet assistance, incontinence, accident monitoring)
- Personal hygiene/grooming (hair care, skin care, oral care, nail care)
- Dressing (clothing selection and assistance)
- Mobility (transfers, walking, range of motion exercises, light exercise)
Where do I receive personal care services?
In most cases, you will receive these services in your own home.